6 Pillars of Excellence for Odisha’s No.1 CBSE School
Developing caring learners through 360-degree education who are actively growing and achieving.
HIGHLY STANDARDIZED SYLLABUS
- We teach more challenging concepts, right from the beginning, and we train children with a competitive rigour.
SCHOLARS SECTIONS & PERFORMANCE-BASED SECTION
- These are special sections with selected students for higher-level preparation to ensure a different approach for different categories of children.
- To reinforce the experiential learning that allows students to apply their lessons to the real world.
DOUBT CLEARING MECHANISM
- Have a doubt outside of school hours? Post your doubt on the doubt clearing portal. Our best teachers pick it up and share clarifications and explanations virtually.
SUBJECT ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
- With a purpose relating to every subject to promote critical thinking, problem-solving, improving student’s ability to concentrate, and make learning more meaningful, valuable, and rewarding.
- An organised presentation and display of different subjects through which students can represent their learning and hidden talent in front of others.
- Question Banks, Study Notes, Worksheets, Materials for JEE/Medical, Teachers PPTs, and Pre-Recorded Teachers Videos are ODM’s customised in-house materials that are provided across all grades.
- Class magazines provide students with self-contained learning segments that infuse the art of creativity in them thereby developing their writing skills.
LANGUAGE ENHANCEMENT: TELL-A- TALE & READING CARNIVAL
- The potential of language skills is central to the learning process, without it the learners cannot make sense or communicate the understanding of any subject.
OUTSIDE CLASSROOM LEARNING
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach us more than we can ever learn from books.”
PROGRAMS AND MODEL CLASSROOMS
- Learning by doing. By giving students something to do, not something to learn, and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking, understanding and solving that produces results.
STUDENT-TEACHER COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY
- Teachers encourage students to use their knowledge to ensure that they master and share the learning strategies.
- Celebrating milestones and educational achievements gives the children a sense of accomplishment and pride. We celebrate a gradution ceremony as children cross levels.
EVENING DOUBT CLEARING CLASSES (HYBRID MODEL)
- For underperformers and students struggling with particular chapters or concepts, we launch special evening programs with children.
STRICT ATTENDANCE MONITORING
- We take attendance seriously. Students need to attend at least 85% of classes and grades are linked with the attendance.
- Educating parents on child psychology in order to enable them to understand and guide their children appropriately thereby helping the child to connect with academics and develop and cultivate relationships with their peers.
- Early childhood care and education goes beyond mere preparation for primary school and has implications on lifelong learning and well being.
PEDANTIC ACTIVITIES: QUIZ, GAMES, CREATIVE WRITING
- Well-targeted, tailor-made quizzes, where pupils can challenge themselves, explore beyond the known horizon and boost their self-esteem and confidence.
MENTORING AND ONE TO ONE INTERACTION
- Each child has a personal mentor. Each mentor has a personal goal for each child. That is how we look for growth for all our students at a personal level.
OUR VERY OWN SUBJECTS
- We customise our own subjects to address the need of the age. Subjects like Global Studies, Value Education and Business English Curriculum are our tailor-made subjects.
CONTINUOUS STANDARDIZED ASSESSMENTS
- Weekly Tests, Quarterly Tests, Mid-Year and Annual Assessments. Continuous Tests and Assessments to monitor the progress of a child throughout the year and feedback about the same to the parents and the children.
EXPOSURE TO NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIADS
- We prepare a child for all national and international olympiads. Be it PRMO, RMO, ICMO, or NTSE, we ensure our students come on top in each of these exams.
PERSONALIZED LEARNING APPROACH
- Personalized learning is an educational approach that aims to customise learning for each student’s strengths, needs, skills, and interests.
GUIDED CLASSES, REMEDIAL CLASSES & PRACTICE HOURS
- With the concept of rigorous practice and making the child learn every concept, such courses are designed to meet the learning needs of every child
MODEL CLASS / CREATIVE URGE
- Teacher-student relationship where the students showcase the different teaching methodologies taught by the teacher in a very innovative and creative way.
PARENT MEETING AND INTERACTION
- An opportunity to share academic progress and growth based on classroom observations, assessments, and assignments
ICT INTEGRATED LEARNING
- ICT exposes students to the modern world through searching, reading, and connecting with resourceful people across the globe with the help of the internet.
COLLABORATIVE ART INTEGRATED CURRICULUM
- Art integrated projects should be transdisciplinary. The project work can include more than one subject, and carries weightage for Internal Assessment in the topics concerned.
- Our current partners in global outreach programs are the British Council and AFS. Under their patronage, a number of year-long programs are conducted.
ROUND THE YEAR ACTIVITIES
- Apart from academic activities, round the year calendar activities help explore new interests, new skills, socialize, and develop leadership qualities.
- Along with in-house trainers, experts are invited. Special workshops are organized for the club members.
- The school cabinet comprises of the School Captain, Vice-Captain, House Captains, and House Vice-Captains, Sports Captain & Sports Vice-Captain.
- Four houses- Ahimsa, Maitri, Preeti, and Shanti. Inter-house competitions every month for all grades develop team spirit, leadership skills, empathy, and a sense of belonging.
REGULAR CLASS ACTIVITIES
- Mandatory training in art, music, and dance for all grades and additionally swimming till grade V is provided in the weekly schedule.
- Vocal and Instruments have certification courses through Torrins music schoo
COLLABORATIONS FOR NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
- ODM has collaborations with schools in India and abroad. International collaborations span over several countries like the U.K, Egypt, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Pakistan for nurturing global citizens.
- Updated twice a year, along with the personal checkup of every student. These health cards track the essential body metrics of child and do provide a report to parent.
PREPARATION FOR NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS
- Extensive training, additional coaches, beyond school practice hours, and infrastructural support mark the preparations.
- Highly standardized syllabus approved by professional trainers to train club students and regular activity classes.
- Continuous assessments throughout the year help us to analyse our students standard & help us prepare a plan for their growth.
SPORTS ORIENTED APPROACH
- Sports facilities like volleyball, basketball, T.T, cricket, kho-kho, kabaddi, swimming, gateball, chess, badminton, and billiards are provided under the coaching of trained professionals.
GENERAL SESSIONS FOR ALL
- Workshops related to a healthy life, campus etiquette, soft skills, gender sensitivity, substance abuse, etc.
- School rules, regulations, examinations, parenting tips, health, nutrition, and other related topics.
OBSERVATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS
- A calendar of yearround observations and celebrations helps appreciate diversity, recognize the roots of traditions, and build moral ethics.
TRIPS AND TOURS
- A number of field excursions, trips, and outings throughout the year for learning, cultural exchange or simple team bonding exercises and pleasure; be it local sights, national spots of interest, or cross country exchanges through international trips.
- Martial arts- Taekwondo is practiced and assessed at different levels.
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual publications manifest the expressions of young minds.
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
- Workshops, orientations, seminars, and talk shows throughout the year virtually and physicallysubject-based workshops, career guidance, life skills, psychological counseling, motivational talks, soft skills, alternative modes of living, art, photography, dance, musical ateliers, etc
- The school has different clubs like Literary, Media, STEM, Quiz, Vocal, Instrument, Photography, Dance, Art, and Sports
FOCUS ON DISCIPLINE
- Discipline committee headed by Director (F &A), Academic Counselor, Vice Principal, and teacher representatives. Based on the seriousness of indiscipline - counseling, parents undertaking, warning, fine, suspension, or ultimate expulsion.
COMPULSORY HEALTH EDUCATION
- For Primary studentsSportathon that brings the best in gross and fine motor development. For Senior classes- weekly physical education and Yoga periods, Gym activities, Workshops and sessions on a healthy lifestyle.
- A hobby is an activity, interest, or pastime that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, done during one’s own time
ODM 360-DEGREE MENTORS
- Each child is alloted multiple mentors. Mentors are tasked to ensure that each child grows. If a child faces any issue or underperforms, the mentors provide strategies for the individual child to excel in that particular field.
PERFORMANCE BASED SECTIONS
- PERFORMANCE BASED SECTIONS
PARENT COUNSELING (INDIVIDUAL)
- In certain situations when a student does not get a good score even after sufficient effort, Teachers of the section sit together to find the real issue with the student. The parents are called for direct interaction.
FOCUS ON UNDER-PERFORMERS (SUBJECT-WISE)
- Teachers counsel under-performing students to know their weak areas in a particular subject. A separate group is made for the students who need intensive guidance from that particular teacher. They are provided with a special curriculum transaction program and the and the teacher goes the extra mile to guide them beyond school hours.
CONTINUOUS PERFORMANCE REPORT- INDIVIDUAL
- Every month, each subject teacher shares a feedback on each student that they teach. So, the parent gets an overall report on the performance of their child in school across all subjects. Reports also include the discipline aspect, child’s behavior with other classmates and performance in CoAcademics. This keeps the parents informed.
HIGH END IT INFRASTRUCTURE
- High speed internet, Secured VPN and Intranet, 24x7 Automated CCTV monitoring, Smart TVs in Classes and Biometric based Attendance & Entry.
ODMCONNECT - ODM’S IN-HOUSE ERP
- ODMConnect provides the children and the parents with all the information about academic curriculum, materials, transport, hostel, admission and other depts.
ONLINE ASSESSMENT PRACTICES
- We are initiating online assessment practices where we conduct some exams in a year through our IT Labs. System generates the weak areas and strong areas of each child.
TAB LABS & E-LIBRARY
- E-library with over 30,000 e-books of various categories and a tab-lab with all lessons and videos of classes. It solves the problem of missed lessons in case of any absence.
VALUE BASED LEARNING | OUR THREE PILLARS
- A student will only excel in the future, if the value system of the student is held intact. To address that, ODM strictly focusses on value based learning and discipline. We provide Value Education in the curriculum, we provide continuous counseling and development sessions.
ANY GRIEVANCE | REACH OUT TO TOP-MANAGEMENT
- With your name not being revealed, our topmanagement driven by our COO, provides an open door grievance management forum to all parents. If you ever face any issue, you just drop a grievance and the ODM Managament strives for a 48-hour resolution to your problem at any cost. Any delay due to unforseen circumstance is clearly communicated and more time is sought for.
What Drives Us
Hear from our students and parents as they speak about how ODM has shaped their lives.
Aakashini Behera (Student, Class III)
"ODM is a great school to attend. You learn things at this school. It is fun but it’s very strict here. I believe this school provides the best education in the state of Odisha. I sincerely recommend this school to all ."
Aditya Prasad Tripathy (Student, Class III)
"ODM expects nothing less than the best from each and every student. Teachers are here to teach but at this school they inspire. They are compassionate and caring towards the students. Tutoring and after-school programs are offered to all students."
Ashutosh Mishra (Student, Class IX)
"At ODM, the teachers always believe in you and they make sure you try your hardest on everything you do. This school also has a lot of fun activities and fun field trips. We go on fun and educational field trips "
Astik Kumar Sarangi (Student, Class III)
"ODM is a great school. The teachers are very qualified and I know they want us to succeed. I can’t stay away from this school. I tried another school for one day (one day!) and I came home and told my mother, “I’m not going back. Take me back to ODM."
Ayush Nayak (Student, Class III)
"We do fun activities and we’re all really close. Padhi Sir is the ever-hilarious Language teacher but he is also very serious when it comes to our work. Somnath Sir, my math teacher, is really good at what he does. Whenever I think something is hard, he makes it so easy. "
Ipsita Mishra (Student, Class II)
"ODM is a great school to learn and to become a better student and person. The curriculum here is very precise and challenging. We have science fairs year-round and go on numerous educational and fun field trips. If you listen and follow directions there is no reason why you should not succeed with flying colors."
Manshaa Panda (Student, Class XI)
"I really recommend this school to everyone, since that contributed to making me one of the most beautiful experience in my life. All staff members are friendly, professional and always available to help you for everything. Classes are small and teachers are very qualified, kind and fun. "
Naina Priyadarsini Nayak (Student, Class IX)
"ODM has a very unique school system that meets every parent’s needs. The after-school activities are something to look forward to and have each individual working hard. The after-school programs are very fun and provide students something to do rather than just doing homework all the time. "
Nandini Das (Student, Class II)
"I have been a student at ODM for three school years and from what I have experienced, I can tell you it is a great school. The teachers are very reasonable and fair. The staff is excellent and the rules help keep the school safe and in order. "
Saniya Khan (Student, Class IX)
"Loved it. ODM Teachers are very friendly and helping. It’s like a big family. The lessons are very good and the atmosphere between students, too. If i had to choose again, I would choose them."
Nirtika Satpathy (Student, Class IX)
"I have been studying at ODM for about 8 months. I previously studied in other school and ODM has been extremely different when compared to this first one and even what my friends tell me about their school. They have a great teacher’s team, moreover, the whole staff team care of their students. "
Sai Subhankar Biswal (Student, Class II)
"ODM Public School is a great school! The teachers here are super about encouraging students to do their very best. Viswo Vinita Mam, is my English teacher, is fun and I really like her class. She loves to joke around, but does not play about getting work done. "
Sanat Kumar Nath (Student, Class XI)
"I learned really much in this time. I really liked my teachers and learned and understand everything because they also explained everything to me, whenever I had a question. "
Sarthak Kumar Sahoo (Student, Class XI)
"I can certainly say that It’s one of the most important tiles of the mosaic called “Academics”. I’ve spent 7 years here and I could see my improvement from the beginning and the cause of this is that they have well-organised qualified teaching staff always willing to help you. The school offers many activities in the afternoon in order to always provide you the opportunity to excel in other activities. "